I am counting my blessings! Everyone just left after a meal that stuffed us-great wine from Brent and Jessica, a ton of help and other minutiae from Mom and Dad, an energized Gramma Hughes who is already looking forward to next year, and my little family that cooperated with my decor and design plans.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. – by Robert Brault
With that quote as my guide, here’s just a sampling of what I am grateful for…and this is just for today!
- a husband who wakes me up in the middle of the night
- my wonderful and (sometimes) unruly daughter whose energy is never-ending and silliness makes me laugh in spite of myself
- my ever-smiley son, the charming little man who is babbling and pointing to communicate his needs and desires
- a sewing machine
- a sewing machine guide
- brief moments in the day I find to create
- fall colors–leaves, skies, fabrics and food
- Draegers Market
- pumpkin spice coffee that I can still smell even though I brewed it this morning
- a mom who offers to play all day with my kids, who wears outrageous clothing combos and looks absolutely fabulous, who finds time to help in any situation
- a husband who patiently works behind the scenes to get children cleaned or clothed or put somewhere safely
- a dad who feeds my children far too much sugar and shares far too many videos because he can because he’s the grampa
- a grandma who remains sharp and stylish and forever curious-there’s always something to talk about with her!
- a brother who makes time to visit and play. He’s just a tremendously thoughtful guy.
- and he has a quality lady-friend. Jessica is such a smart and positive person. She’s the kind of person who brings sunshine to a room.
- mashed potatoes
- family — all of them, near and far. I am so grateful for such great people to love.
- Mags, my faithful dog, Ollie’s favorite playmate
- quiet time in the early morning to read those magazines
- Christmas music playing in the background…all the time
- my bff, Twitter and texting
- a comfortable and roomy home to gather family into
- the Interweb
- a Protestant work ethic
- new ideas and dreams
- my bed-I literally sigh with delight when I turn off the light and get under the covers
- my little family of precious souls
I could keep going. I’m not going to because I really, really want to go to bed. Photos will come tomorrow he when I have tenergy. Goodnight all! xo