- a husband who wakes me up in the middle of the night
- my wonderful and (sometimes) unruly daughter whose energy is never-ending and silliness makes me laugh in spite of myself
- my ever-smiley son, the charming little man who is babbling and pointing to communicate his needs and desires
- a sewing machine
- a sewing machine guide
- brief moments in the day I find to create
- fall colors–leaves, skies, fabrics and food
- Draegers Market
- pumpkin spice coffee that I can still smell even though I brewed it this morning
- a mom who offers to play all day with my kids, who wears outrageous clothing combos and looks absolutely fabulous, who finds time to help in any situation
- a husband who patiently works behind the scenes to get children cleaned or clothed or put somewhere safely
- a dad who feeds my children far too much sugar and shares far too many videos because he can because he’s the grampa
- a grandma who remains sharp and stylish and forever curious-there’s always something to talk about with her!
- a brother who makes time to visit and play. He’s just a tremendously thoughtful guy.
- and he has a quality lady-friend. Jessica is such a smart and positive person. She’s the kind of person who brings sunshine to a room.
- mashed potatoes
- family — all of them, near and far. I am so grateful for such great people to love.
- Mags, my faithful dog, Ollie’s favorite playmate
- quiet time in the early morning to read those magazines
- Christmas music playing in the background…all the time
- my bff, Twitter and texting
- a comfortable and roomy home to gather family into
- the Interweb
- a Protestant work ethic
- new ideas and dreams
- my bed-I literally sigh with delight when I turn off the light and get under the covers
- my little family of precious souls
Monthly Archives: November 2011
From these photos you would never guess that yesterday we were at the doctor’s being diagnosed with ear infections. Thankfully I took Ollie along to Lily’s appointment. Her preschool called about an hour after she arrived;she was complaining that her ear hurt. Both kids battled colds and ran fevers early in the weekend but I just thought it was running its course. When the doc took a look at Lily’s ears and then noticed Ollie’s reddish, goopy eyes, he prescribed some antibiotics for both little people. Neither really showed they were in any pain….they were just awfully lethargic and a little cranky. Today, though, they are definitely on the mend! And it was Picture Day at school. Lily wore an outfit sent to her from Aunt Susie in Italy. When else can you wear a peter pan collar with a cute apron overlay? We took advantage!
|Ollie’s new favorite activity: climbing on the chair. He understands when you insist he sit on his bottom.|
These two seem to be getting to the age where they have started to amuse each other. On this night, they thought it was hilarious to run around after each other and Maggie, jump on the couch, and take Ollie on a ride. Its really fun to watch them develop a new kind of relationship! The laughing and directions from Lily to Oliver are pretty great, too.
Holy Cat and Duckie–They are Cute!
What a FABULOUS Halloween!