There are a few things these kids just love these days…
- Odd Squad on PBSKids: X-Files for the younger tween set. I even think it is funny and they think it is hilarious. Sadly, there is only one season on Netflix and they are watching the last episode tonight.
- Afternoons of Read Alouds: re-reading Owls in the Family with many, many picture books thrown in. This time also usually include a popsicle or other treat.
- Magic Treehouse books: Lily has read one to Ollie, one to herself and started another last week. She happily reads independently and likes the varied locales of each book.
- YUM magazine: This is a great library find. Lily tears through these, searching for new recipes she might like to try. While most are desserts, there are a few snack recipes that have been, well, yum. (These magazines are so much better than the Vogue and People she was picking up at the lake this summer…)
- Spiders: Since the butterflies are starting to wind down, they have been examining more spiders these days. Ollie swears every one might be a tarantula.
- Hot Tea: This started last year during our Poetry Teatimes each week but we have been enjoying a cup before bed some nights. I wouldn’t say it calms them down, but at least they are hydrated going to sleep!